As Osteopathy involves a truly holistic approach, it supports the body’s ability to self-regulate by restoring its normal structure and function. Therefore, Osteopathic Manipulation Medicine can be beneficial for a wide range of health issues including, but not limited to, the below conditions.
Most often people come in with complaints of pain:
- Headaches (including migraines, jaw issues and post-concussion problems),
- Neck and back pain (including scoliosis and pinched nerves and sciatica),
- Arm and leg issues (including shoulder, wrist, hip, knee and ankle conditions)
- These problems can be recent or long-term. They may be related to sports injuries, car accidents, falls, surgeries, birth or other traumas.
Osteopathic care may also improve:
- Chronic issues such as fatigue and rheumatological conditions.
Osteopathy is gentle enough for children and babies, and can be a particularly useful adjunct for strong and healthy growth. When used with traditional medicine, Osteopathic treatment of the musculoskeletal system may provide assistance for persistent childhood respiratory issues.
Computers, video games, smartphones and long hours spent sitting studying can impact on the growing spine. Poor posture addressed early with correct education can prevent longer term issues for the growing adolescent. Conversely, active children suffering strains find relief with our approach. Teenagers experiencing ‘growing pains’ may benefit from osteopathic treatment. Our understanding of the developing musculoskeletal system can help newborns with torticollis.
Pregnant and nursing women, who are inclined to avoid medications, seek Osteopathy for the alleviation of pain, heartburn, nausea and other musculoskeletal complaints.
Older adults who may prefer bodywork without the use of strong forces find Osteopathy to be helpful and soothing.