Our staff & practitioners have completed an eLearning Course in Infection Control Training – COVID 19 issued by the Australian Government Department of Health
As a healthcare provider we understand the importance of safety and hygiene. We would like to reassure all of you that we have implemented a range of measures to minimise the risk of infection for staff, patients & the wider community.
We have implemented the following:
Ensure that we all have a good understanding of infection control principles and recognise the signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Increased the frequency of thorough cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces including door handles, light switches and equipment
- Removed linen on the treatment beds and included a disposable paper sheet to cover pillows
- Reduced the number of chairs in our reception area
- Placed hand sanitiser and tissues at front reception for ALL visitors to use
- Removed all magazines, books and toys from reception
Advised patients to contact us if they have:
Flu-like symptoms such as a fever, sore throat, coughing or shortness of breath and/or have been overseas or been in contact with someone who may have been exposed to Coronavirus in the past 2 weeks.
What Can You Do?
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap
- Use alcohol-based sanitiser
- Avoid touching your face
- Use a tissue and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid contact with people who are sick or have travelled overseas in the last 2 weeks
- Stay home if you are sick
The following Australian Government Dept of Health website as up to date information regarding the Coronavirus
These are very challenging times but also times to focus on fundamentals like health, family and LOVE; therefore, we believe that now more than ever, we need to support each other and stay connected.
If you have any queries or concerns, please feel free to contact us on 9531 0962
Thank you for your support and patience.
The team at Elwood Osteopathy